Health & safety update: February 2021
The global pandemic has brought about challenging circumstances for us all. In Vanuatu we have yet to experience a case of COVID-19 in the community, however, international borders have been closed since March 2020.
Fatumaru Lodge has always maintained a high standard in relation to safety and hygiene to ensure the wellbeing of all guests and staff. During the border closures we have trained on enhanced procedures and new practices have been implemented to ensure even higher standards in the context of the pandemic and a new era of travel. Below you will read why boutique is the new beautiful in the new era of travel, why Fatumaru Lodge is the perfect choice for your stay in Port Vila, along with some of our new procedures and cleaning measures.
We will assess and update the procedures below, in line with World Health Organization and Vanuatu Government policies and guidelines.
We also urge you to remain in contact with us to ensure you are fully up to date with any further measures in place at the hotel or in Port Vila. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our hotel manager by clicking the button below.
Boutique is the New Beautiful
Why Fatumaru Lodge will be the best choice for your stay in Port Vila:
- No crowds
- Direct access to each apartment, no shared hallways.
- Individual split system air-conditioners for each apartment.
- Bi-fold doors on every apartment for maximum ventilation and sunshine.
- No day guests, only hotel guests on site
Achieving guest & staff safety is a shared responsibility. Please join us in our efforts to enhance the safety of our public spaces by complying with local regulations while you’re out and about in Vanuatu and while on site at the Lodge.
- Temperature check upon arrival at Fatumaru Lodge.
- Masks required in all common areas.
- Conformed procedures for contactless check-in and & checkout with physical distancing.
- We’ve arranged the tables in our coffee lounge with increased spacing.
- Your choice for breakfast in the lounge or in your room.
- Sanitizer available in all rooms and common areas.
- Temperture check at arrival
- Shower before & after shift
- All uniforms washed according to WHO laundry disinfection guidelines.
- Masks & gloves at all times
Enhanced Cleaning Measures to Ensure Disinfection
- We have carried out an internal review of cleaning products and cleaning procedures reflecting W.H.O. & international tourism organisation recommendations.
- Diversey Cleaning product range is expanded to ensure appropriate disinfection always
- Our apartments are fully sanitized and aired between reservations;
- Detailed sanitizing (disinfecting) checklist implemented